Tuesday 30 October 2012

Template and Tips On A Burnt Pan Anyone?

Hey everyone!
Hope you're all good!
I'm back and feeling much better after being poorly sick.

Today I did the template for Old Generals Farm. Already, removing the remaining bits of paper from the graphs, it looks a little more managable... but I'm not going to lie - it's still pretty massive!
Here's a photo (click the link!) I've used a saved TV box... which wasn't quite wide enough... oops. I can add bits to the cardboard until it's right. But hey, the outer edge of the bits of paper is the outline.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/funkymonkey1993/DSC03339.jpg


My next step is to make this into a one piece of card, thick and sturdy and use that as a baseboard and template.

Thomas and I won't be able to get to the cottage to do the remaining of the measuring this week, so instead I'm going to spend my day researching building methods - angles for those scary dormer windows - and some doors and windows :) Exciting.
I also want to dig out my clays and see what I can come up with :)

I can't wait to get cutting wood up and really seeing this build take shape. I have the space picked out in my living room ready for it with plug sockets right near by for the lighting :D Eeek!

Oh.. and before I go, anyone know how to get rid of this awful burn on the bottom of my pan? I got chatting to a friend last night and completely forgot about the rice I had cooking... this was the result :( . I've tried boiling salt water, it's made a slight difference but not an awful lot (it's also why my pan looks really grubby around the edges.)

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/funkymonkey1993/DSC03336.jpg

See you guys tomorrow! :)
Hugs ox

3 comments:

  1. wow- every time I see the template I am in awe of this project. Kind of makes me wish I lived close enough to help you build it! I've never tried this- but I saw this link posted on pinterest for burnt pans and it's worth a try:

    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-clean-burnt-frying-pans-140547

    Good luck! Glad to hear you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      Thank you :) I'm still in awe of it myself. The image that I have in my head and how well it's going so far I'm so proud of myself.
      However, I've realised I cannot move any piece of paper in my living room now... because it's like a puzzle. The time it took me to place each piece of paper in it's rightful place took me longer than cutting the template out! Haha.

      Delete
    2. Oh! And thank you for the link. Looks like I'm going shopping for baking sofa and vinegar tomorrow :D

      I'll give this a try!

      Delete