Monday 15 October 2012

Itching To Get Back To My Beloved Hobby!

We must all go through it from time to time, a break, a lack of inspiration, or where life just gets too busy to allow you just a minute to think about your beloved hobby - whatever it may be.

Well here I am today, flicking through this blog - my very first blog - wondering how I lost my path? It's seriously overgrown that's how!!

It's been such a long time since I indulged in anything miniature related that I've lost all my original ideas, inspiration and love for my dear projects. It's been so long since I picked up Greg - my first and only hand made doll. I really should dig him out, maybe he can spark that love of miniatures I have that's hiding away somewhere deep down.

All my dolls houses and dolls house related items are at home, in my old bedroom. Dad has told me they will need to come back here soon, because they are considering renting out the house. I don't mind that. I'll be glad to have my dolls houses with me :)

Today I'm going to go through all my favorite blogs, draw inspiration and ideas out of everyone's current projects and pray that I can find my mini-mojo again :)

Wish me luck!
And don't forget to check out my new blog, link is in the post below :)

By for now!

4 comments:

  1. ah- that happened to me this last year too and sometimes it is so hard to get back at it. I bet when you get your minis back with you that will spark at least a little interest- and reading blogs always gives me a little shot of inspiration too :) Have a great week Shelby Fay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Kim.
    I was tempted to pull out my miniatures today, but then I remembered I don't have my dolls houses here - not one. They're all still at home.

    I've been reading through all my favourite blogs and the AIM magazine. The spark is still there, I just don't know what to do with it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel- sometimes I just make mini flowers when I don't know what to work on. I like them because I can work on them on a tray on my lap and I don't make too big of a mess. I hope you get some of your houses soon- do you have the room for them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mini flowers! I have a flower kit somewhere. I will have to dig it out and try it, it'll be the first flower kit I've made. I have loads of room for my dolls house at the moment. I haven't got furniture to put them on yet, so they will just sit on the floor in the living room for now. But I think having them there to look at it will really help spark my imagination and passion for this hobby again. :)

    ReplyDelete