To take my mind off of the whole Governor's Mansion/Madeline's School decision making for Hildred House, I found myself searching for a miniature-related task. While staring at my projects gathered around me in the living room, my eyes wandered over to the ugly stack of cardboard boxes and cut out shapes of graph paper spilling over the floor.
Tutting, I knew I had to do something about that as my Grandparents are coming over to visit in a couple of weeks, and this was unsightly.
So, taking my pencil, ruler and scissors I set to work cutting out that huge ground floor template.
Here's an image for you. This gives you an even clearer idea of how big it's going to be.
I've also started on drawing out the wall panels and I placed a couple of those against the template to see if I was on track. A few of them fit perfectly, and a couple disagree - but nothing major that's going to cause any issues for me... she says.
Sadly, because of mine and Thomas's fall-out the last room of the house that needs measuring won't get measured any time soon... and it just happens to be one of the most complicated.
Hopefully, when I get some time off work I can borrow my brother one weekend and we can measure it together before Mom and Dad start decorating ready to rent it out.
But either way, everything is looking good so far and it's pretty exciting :)