Today I've had a very busy day. Actually, it's surprising I've managed to find five minutes to post this!
I've spent almost the whole day searching for masking tape. I needed it for a reason I'll show you in a moment. Last time I saw the tape, I'd used it to tape down the lid to the box for Rachel's gift a few weeks ago as I couldn't find the cellotape! Haha.
Anyways, it wasn't in it's usual place, where I always put it - in the washroom. So off I went on a four hour search looking for masking tape. I went EVERYWHERE! Eventually, my mom piped up and told me it might be in a carrier bag in the garage after she'd cleaned out the washroom the other day. She was right. Hurrah!
So I set to work on the reason I needed it.
Remember a few weeks ago I told you I was getting the Market Cross from the Dolls House Emporium as a Christmas present. Well I set to work on building it. I got half way through dry building, masking taping it all together and then decided to just go ahead and glue it!
My brother is wonderful at building model items of all sizes and kinds, so he helped me. We got everything set out and ready and we set to it.
Here's how what we've managed to do so far.
I glued the base and the arch ways while Thomas set to work on the roof. The room piece you can see next to Thomas is just dry built.
The roof was fiddly. The instructions need updating. It should tell you in the "Equipment Needed" section that you need an extra pair of hands! We managed in the end, with a bit of help from dad!
Tomorrow, Thomas and I are waking up early to get the roof finished, the top room part glued together and then the beams glued on. If all goes to plan I'll be back tomorrow to show you the finished build!!
See you tomorrow!